Just had your braces removed? Can’t wait to feel the smooth surface of braces-free teeth and show off that new straight smile to the world? But first, consider a simple teeth whitening treatment. Why, you might ask?
After you have removed your braces, teeth whitening is a fantastic option because orthodontic treatment like braces which comprise brackets often leave your teeth slightly discolored. The reason is simple. The brackets of braces make it difficult to clean your teeth thoroughly. Hence, when removed, the patches where the brackets were attached to your teeth might look discolored or yellowish. A simple dental treatment of teeth whitening can work wonders in such cases. Listed here are 6 major benefits of this dental treatment once you have had your braces removed:
- Inexpensive Aesthetic Lift – One of the most important benefits of a teeth whitening procedure is that it is low cost. You can choose from a variety of do-it-yourself teeth whitening products which are easily available in the market for as low as $20. A majority of these products don’t give long-lasting results. A professional treatment on the other hand, may average around a few hundred dollars, but it is a good price to pay when you consider the quality and long-lasting effects. With advanced instruments and experience, a professional can give you a perfect set of white teeth which can last for years if cared for properly. Thus, this treatment really gives an inexpensive appearance lift to your personality.
- Negligible Risk – Teeth whitening dental treatments have no to negligible risks. At the most, you may experience increased sensitivity either on your teeth or your gums. But, this is temporary. Of course, overuse of teeth whitening products is harmful as it may erode your teeth, but consult a professional and you can forget about this minor setback.
- Enhanced Look – Last but definitely not the least, you look much better. Maybe you have spent years teeth straightening or misaligned or wide spaced teeth. So after all that financial, emotional and physical investment, why settle simply for a straight smile. Enhance your straight smile with pearly white teeth and flaunt that smile more confidently.
- Improved Self-esteem – If you think your entire look is enhanced, you are bound to feel more confident. Hence the combination of a healthy bite and straight white teeth is sure to improve your self-esteem. You will smile more freely and confidently and become less uncomfortable or conscious during your personal or professional interactions. This new confidence will certainly help draw people towards you as they will find your company more enjoyable than it was previously when you were hesitant to show off your smile.
- Knock Off a Few Years – A white smile gives you a more energized and youthful look by minimizing the appearance of wrinkles on your face. A bright smile is often associated with a healthier lifestyle.
- Get Noticed – Get ready to draw more attention with a radiant smile with the simple treatment of teeth whitening. It becomes easier for those around you to focus on you because of those perfect, clean and pearly whites which give you a friendly appearance. This increases their confidence to come and converse with you.
You may only get the satisfaction of flaunting that newly straightened smile if it is pearly white as well. So, if you have recently reached the finish line of the braces treatment, consult an orthodontist to learn more about the benefits of teeth whitening post braces to enjoy a flawless smile!
Sharon William's day job is to handle digital marketing for Koch Orthodontics in Loganville, GA. With a flair for creating compelling content that clears the clutter and connects with the audience in an instant, she writes about dental topics to educate and help her readers. She truly believes that a genuine smile can win a million hearts and talks to her readers about improving their smiles and overall dental health, as well as enhancing their overall lifestyle. In her free time, she likes to organize small meets in her neighborhood where she brings people together to discuss various topics that she writes about.